• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Old tractor

db84124

Brummophile
I wonder if anyone on the Forum could shed any light on this as regards the manufacturer, model, years of production, etc. :

Aging_Tractor.jpg

..... I'm told it still works ......
Thanks, David

Last edited:
I think you're very much on the right track (!), Bernie, I know that the photo was taken in Italy. Thanks, David

David, I am inclined to think it is more lightly to be a Fiat rather than a Massey Fergerson.
I must say I am more familiar with Massey than Fiat.

David, I am inclined to think it is more lightly to be a Fiat rather than a Massey Fergerson.
I must say I am more familiar with Massey than Fiat.
Me too in retrospect.David with you living in Italy it should have clicked. Dek

Dek and Ernie, thanks ever-so-much for your ideas .... I knew this was a long shot and I tend to think it's a Fiat, if only because of its location. Could it possibly be a Lamborghini? John Deere tractors are also very common in Italy.

Hi its a Hinomoto tractor made in Japan one of the larger ones made I think. The colour and shape are the same as model E2304d. I don't have
a tractor fetish just a ex brummie who got one in shed in Norfolk.

Hi Woofy

Only one problem as far as I can see, yes I agree the shape and colour are similar, but if you go on the net and look all the Hinomoto E2304D's have their lights at the top of the front cowling. whilst this example has them Incorporated into the bottom of the grill.

Phil

Hello All,
Could I please thank you all for your ideas, suggestions, time and patience. I always say it's very important to know what it isn't, as it means that research can be concentrated elsewhere ..... so thanks to one and all.
I think I've discovered the manufacturer. Please see https://www.flickr.com/photos/cesc_fab1/6160135064/in/pool-16869793@N00 ; the radiator grill and general layout seems very similar.
I'm still working on the model ..... will be in touch. Thanks again, David

I would have also said IH. They had factory in Doncaster building mainly farming equipment. They also built HGV trucks for awhile.

Massey Ferguson.jpg
I can only remember loading my lorry once at this factory, I was advised to load the tractors across the lorry with the rear wheels on the passenger side so that my right hand side rear view mirror would not be too obstructed.

View attachment 118407
I can only remember loading my lorry once at this factory, I was advised to load the tractors across the lorry with the rear wheels on the passenger side so that my right hand side rear view mirror would not be too obstructed.
100 years ago, Henry Garner decided to demonstrate that one of his agricultural tractors could be used just as well as a road haulage tractor. Towing a 4 ton Ransomes, Simms & Jefferies threshing machine, the tractor was driven non-stop from the Exchange Building in Birmingham to the Smithfield Show in London in 24 hours 4 minutes at an average speed of 4 1/2 miles per hour
PA739

Attachments

• GARNER .jpg
    GARNER .jpg
    541 KB · Views: 9
Back