• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Old street pics..

Just these last few of Moseley Road and I'll move on somewhere else before I bore you all to death. Among these images we have the beginning of Moseley Rd at Bradford St, a tram outside the Castle & Falcon opposite Vincent St, a postcard view from Brighton Rd, a view just past Cromer Rd and one from Highgate Rd at Camp Hill passenger station.

Attachments

• Balsall Heath Moseley Rd Nr Brighton Rd.jpg
    Balsall Heath Moseley Rd Nr Brighton Rd.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Balsall Heath Moseley Rd Nr Cromer Rd .jpg
    Balsall Heath Moseley Rd Nr Cromer Rd .jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Balsall Heath Moseley Rd-Belgrave Rd.jpg
    Balsall Heath Moseley Rd-Belgrave Rd.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Highgate Moseley Rd c1937 Nr Bradford St .jpg
    Highgate Moseley Rd c1937 Nr Bradford St .jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 145
  • No 42 tram on Moseley Rd os Castle & Falcon PH 1949.jpg
    No 42 tram on Moseley Rd os Castle & Falcon PH 1949.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 142
maggs thanks for posting the icknield st pic..i used to have that one but couldnt find it...

lyn

Never boring Grandmaster Brummie.

I never tire of looking at these fantastic pictures.........pure nostalgia.:adoration:

Patsi

You are the second person to call me by that title, I wondered where it was coming from and the I realised it the title given me by the forums automatic ranking system. I'll have to see what I can do to change that, it makes it sound as if I know what I am on about.

Phil

Hi Phil - If I remember correctly you can change it in your profile.

Patsi

You are the second person to call me by that title, I wondered where it was coming from and the I realised it the title given me by the forums automatic ranking system. I'll have to see what I can do to change that, it makes it sound as if I know what I am on about.

Phil[/QUOT

yes phil you can change it if you want..go to forum actions..click on edit profile then click on edit signature..you can call yourself what you want lol..

lyn

Yes I have discovered that much, I'm just trying to think of something less grand, perhaps The Duke of Digbeth or has that already been taken?

Phil

I thought it was one of your's Lyn. I have got some more of Icknield St and Monument Rd, so I will get them sorted and post them.

lol phil...how about the bishop of nechells....only joking im sure you will think of something...

Patsi

Phil

I am sure that you do know what you are on about Phil.:friendly_wink: and it does sound grand.

Ive been enjoying the old photos on this and other threads, but there is only place I havent spotted yet.

What is now called Priory Queensway, from Old Square down the hill, presumably to join up with the street from Dale End. Ive seen shots of 3 sides of this 'block', (lower Bull Street, Upper Corporation Street, and Dale End), but nothing of the side that is now Argos.

Any suggestions?

wobag this is the only picture of that stretch of road that i have.moss

Attachments

• LOWER PRIORY, 30-9-55.jpg
    LOWER PRIORY, 30-9-55.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 214
Another thoroughfare heading in a southern direction out of our great City is Bristol Rd starting at Bristol Street in what I suppose is Edgbaston?

Phil

Attachments

• Horse Fair Bristol St St Lukes Church  & Wycliffe Chapel 1895.JPG
    Horse Fair Bristol St St Lukes Church & Wycliffe Chapel 1895.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Edgbaston Bristol Rd - Belgrave Rd .jpg
    Edgbaston Bristol Rd - Belgrave Rd .jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Edgbaston Bristol St - Wrentham St.jpg
    Edgbaston Bristol St - Wrentham St.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Edgbaston Bristol St (2).jpg
    Edgbaston Bristol St (2).jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 196
  • Edgbaston Bristol St Nr Belgrave Rd.JPG
    Edgbaston Bristol St Nr Belgrave Rd.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 184
Well, we have 278 nice pics to browse through in this thread, but there is a 'Various street pics' thread which has 59 pics and only 13 of them are the same as in this thread - so that's 46 more nice pics to browse through...:encouragement:

Thanks maggs, for posting Icknield Street School . what a blast from the past. Left there in summer of 1960 my form teacher was a Mr Hurst and the Head was a Mr Kitchen... Is it still standing and if so is it still a school or has it some other use now.. thanks once again.. also is the mint still there did a bit of boxing there School Boys Stuff

Regards Pete

Hello Pete. Yes Icknield St school is still there, but it sort of stands back from the main Rd now. Things around there have changed so much.It's the school you went to then? My brother also attended that school, but he left a long time before you did. The Mint is slowly disappearing, as it is going to be pulled down sadly. Right opposite the Mint a massive Mosque is being built, with a calling tower. I didn't know that school boy boxing took place at the Mint. I feel I should have done, because I lived just up from Warstone Lane. Glad you liked the pics.

Bristol Rd started at Belgrave Rd where Bristol St finished, all these photos are within the Edgbaston area. As the locations are easy enough to name I will leave that up to you, but if you get stuck just click on the photo as each individual photo has its location at the bottom of the screen.

Phil

Attachments

• Edgbaston Bristol Rd - Edgbaston Park Rd.JPG
    Edgbaston Bristol Rd - Edgbaston Park Rd.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Edgbaston Bristol Rd - Speedwell Rd 1959.JPG
    Edgbaston Bristol Rd - Speedwell Rd 1959.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Edgbaston Bristol Rd -Wellington St.jpg
    Edgbaston Bristol Rd -Wellington St.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Edgbaston Bristol Rd Wrensons.jpg