• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Old street pics..

entry leading to granville st...ladywood..

img096_renamed_31262.jpg

This is such an emotive picture and to me it speaks volumes.

patsi i have always thought that this is one of the images that says everything but tells us nothing...

glad you like it

lyn

These old photos set off all my old thoughts and memmories of the old as we called it on moving up to Kingstanding in 1957. It don't seem that long ago !!!! Still they say time and tide stand still for no one ????

Keep these great photos comming please

Regards Pete

Right I'll try again, reposting from the other thread this image of Moseley Rd Balsall Heath. It shows that section of the road from Moores book shop to the Moseley Cinema. The dirty book shop to the flea pit.

Phil

Attachments

• Balsall Heath Moseley Rd 1968.JPG
    Balsall Heath Moseley Rd 1968.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 191
These two photos would have been either side of my previous post. Oliver U Tallett's garage / car sales that ran from Sherbourne Rd to Moore's book shop. The other being an image of the road from the Moseley Cinema to Belgrave Rd.

Attachments

• Balsall Heath Moseley Rd 1964.JPG
    Balsall Heath Moseley Rd 1964.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 147
  • Highgate Moseley Rd The Belgrave.jpg
    Highgate Moseley Rd The Belgrave.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 153
re the pic on post 430...i posted this one about 4 years ago and stated then that the date caption was wrong...late 50s early 60s...they must have been well in front to have cars like that in 1919 lol..
lyn

Right I'll try again, reposting from the other thread this image of Moseley Rd Balsall Heath. It shows that section of the road from Moores book shop to the Moseley Cinema. The dirty book shop to the flea pit.

Phil
Now you tell me 54 years too late.

bernie thats very interesting to find out the old company is still going...i remember walking past the old place in villa st many times on my to and from farm st school...

lyn

Another photo taken on Moseley rd, this one further up toward town. In fact it is just short of Leoplold St and was taken outside Upper Highgate Girls School. Opposite Athelstan House Junior Remand Home.

Attachments

• Highgate Moseley Rd By Leopold St 1948 .jpg
    Highgate Moseley Rd By Leopold St 1948 .jpg
    98 KB · Views: 157

Phil

Would that be the top of Balsall Heath Rd on the right hand edge of the picture ? Just beyond that building (which I think was a bank), would be B'ham Co-op's No 6 Grocery/Butchery branch, where I worked in the 50s.
God, it all looks so SHABBY !

re the pic on post 430...i posted this one about 4 years ago and stated then that the date caption was wrong...late 50s early 60s...they must have been well in front to have cars like that in 1919 lol..
lyn

They must have indeed! :encouragement:

Back