• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Old street pics..

Definately Shaftmoor Lane Dek and Lyn. The buildings are still there right by the junction of Oulton Blvd. They have hardly changed at all.

Just noticed that there is a cafe there called Boulevard Cafe which I didn't notice before but it confirms what I said above.

Last edited:
hi lynn
thanks for the memories ; its a pity you neverwent afew yards back you woud have captured the old lollipop man
that crossed us over to the main sweet shop for all us kids that attendeded upper thomas street school
which incidently was only afew doors away ; that cafe was fairly new it was not around until later years if i remember correctly
our little tuck shop was always banged packed with us kids hope you do not mind me asking whom was your relies
as most of us natives at that school in hose days remember and knewmost kids and there familes
you never know we may know them great pics keep them coming astonian; alan

Back