• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

old street photos

M

Mary Wheeler

Hello. are there any photos available of Paddington St; Hingeston St; Branston St; Tenby St(back of); Bridge St; they're all addresses's of my ancestors, a lot to ask for I know but worth a try, many thanks Mary Wheeler S Wales:)

Mary, click on Main Sites button on the above bar, and take a look at the Winson Green to Brookfields site, you'll find some photos there.
Happy viewing!

B H W R

Thank you, I've had a peep for tonight and found Hingeston St; birthplace of my Grandfather who came down to Wales. I must say that this site is AMAZING! there's so much on it and everyone is so helpful, it'll take years to go through it all. I wish we had something like it down here thanks again Mary Wheeler, S Wales:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary, click on Main Sites button on the above bar, and take a look at the Winson Green to Brookfields site, you'll find some photos there.
Happy viewing!

Many thanks again, still looking for Paddington Street!:rolleyes:
Mary Wheeler

Old Photos

Hi mary. nice to know someone else is looking for paddington st. a lot of my ancestors lived there from when the street was built until it was demolished in the 60s. i have been searching or months for photos but it seems to be one of the streets that is very hard to find any. the closest i have come so far is a photo of the outdoor on the corner of paddington an guildford st. i didnt find it on the internet so i cant email it you. but if you would like a copy i can arrange that for you but you would have to send me your address through the private message facility at the top of the page. just another thought. did you know that you can download the names of people living in paddington street in 1920. if that is of any use to you heres how. go to google and type in aston streets P. press search. you will then see paddington street name downloads. click on that then click on where is will say open. all the names and street numbers will then come up. or at east they should do. any probs let me know. if i come accross the other street you are looking for i will let you know. i lived in paddington st myself until i was five and can remember it quite well. hope this info may be of use to you. happy hunting. wales

Back