• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Old Pictures

dwilly

master brummie
Not sure where this link should go but I'm sure it will be of interest to lots of people. Hope it hasn't been posted before.

If you page down and look at the group of picture titled "Phyllis Nicklin's slides of 1950s & 60s" sure it will bring back lots of memories. Think some of the pictures have appeared on a flickr site but more in this group. Hope someone enjoys them!

https://www.pbase.com/beppuu/root

Hi dwilly:
Yes, the Keith Berry site has been posted before. It's a great favourite. Keith is always adding some new material to his site so it's a good idea to keep checking back to it.

Yes dwilly it has been posted a few times but its a good one, spent many a happy hour looking at the photos.

Has anyone any idea where this picture was taken - it's a large photo which I've scanned as 0002 and 0003. The photo 0003 shows my Aunt Nellie Woolley on the right with her friend. They are together in the first photo just below the right hand window. Sorry about the quality, it's been rolled up for donkey's years.

Attachments

• BHF0002.jpg
    BHF0002.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 84
  • BHF0003.jpg
    BHF0003.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 79
  • BHF0004.jpg
    BHF0004.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 81
Hi Guys,
Here is a picture i think i have just rediscovered and its the old original clock i beleive which
wa sited at the old five ways many years ago as you can see by the heading of the news paper
the year the picture was taken , and i dearly beleive this was on the forum many years ago
and this would have been on here on the forum ,like we are told its been chang ied by people
In other expressions its gone
The picture is a council worker repainting the clock at five ways to give it a face lift up
At the moment i am delving through my archives of all periods of the old birmingham post for our friend from last nights
Request of george lockman as chris as told her possibly the old birmingham post to search
Any way i hope the clock pleases every body, and time is ticking bye now guys
so now i will have to get my head in the paper ,best wishes Alan ASTONIAN,,,,

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 49
Leyland bus works in Lancashire. 1938.jpg
This is a Trolley bus works and you can see a Birmingham Trolley bus. I do not know if it is a new one or if it was there for repairs.

Attachments

• Leyland bus works in Lancashire. 1938.jpg
    Leyland bus works in Lancashire. 1938.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 10
Back