• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

OLD HUDSON MOTOR AND CYCLING ROAD MAP

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks i have in my possession an old road map...its made of cloth and opens up into a large map ..writing on the front very worn from use but i can make out 50 miles around birmingham..on the inside is written the name J H LORD...on the back is an advert for hudsons book shop new st...on the top of the map it say BACOS CYCLING ROAD MAP OF ENGLAND AND WALES..later on when i have time i will either scan the back and front or take photo of it....my question is directed at our cycling buffs as to how old the map book may be and better still if any family of J H LORD come forward i will happily pass it onto them as it really does belong to family

lyn

hi folks i have in my possession an old road map...its made of cloth and opens up into a large map ..writing on the front very worn from use but i can make out 50 miles around birmingham..on the inside is written the name J H LORD...on the back is an advert for hudsons book shop new st...on the top of the map it say BACOS CYCLING ROAD MAP OF ENGLAND AND WALES..later on when i have time i will either scan the back and front or take photo of it....my question is directed at our cycling buffs as to how old the map book may be and better still if any family of J H LORD come forward i will happily pass it onto them as it really does belong to family

lyn
Could you scan the map so we can all see it I wonder? I am sure that I have and many others ridden our bikes on the roads and lanes long gone now

Talking of cyclist maps I found this used by my old pot and pan, sometime before the war. About 4.5in high and a set of seven maps.

73A1E573-7B60-4CA7-9FAE-68EE78B612CF.jpeg

Back