• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

old birmingham photos

sugarpuffs, I,d forgotten this link, but on your say so I tried it again, and I,m glad I did. I found a picture of an old factory ( not there now ) that my Father spent all his working life at ( he was a Buyer ). I never thought for a second that I would ever see that sight again, but thanks to your reminder I was able to recall days from my youth spent there whenever he took me. Many, many thanks for bringing this to my attention again. Thanks again mate. Barry.

HI BAZZ,
HOW are you keeping bazz, haven,t heard from you for a while ,
sorry i haven,t got you a picture of tubes yet, but i,ll do my best to get our kid
to go and take a picture for you ,
the reason i am writing now is because my brother came to worcestshire yester day
and took me down to old smokie brum, and we went to hodge hill ,
Any way the real fact of the matter , we went down rocky lane
and we went passed the foundry gates of tubes , i did,nt have a camera with me
even the roller shutters were down so i could not see in
but the place is still there, and operating still as a forge produceing
the only thing is its changed hands , its not tubes any more
Its called the heartlands forge limited, i don,t know if you knew that
so i thought i would tell you . best wishes astonian
PS. WILL GET YOU A PIC, SOON AS POSSIBLE ;.

Yeah, that one's been up before but Keith Berry is always worth a mention. I'm surprised he's not more universal appreciated.

From all his photos of old Birmingham it's hard to pick a favourite but for some strange reason, this one appeals to me more than most:
https://tinyurl.com/yajttw

Astonian, you old son of a gun. How are you ? I hadn,t forgot about you honest. I was waiting till I hadmore to offer on Tubes Ltd. You surprise me that the old place is still there. I thought it would have been knocked down years ago. If you could manage to get a photo that would certainly make my day. I,ll leave it in your capable hands if you ever manage to get down that way again. Great to hear from you again. Keep in touch. Barry.

Keith Berry certainly has put some cracking pictures up on that site. I am very grateful to him. Such wonderful memories. I agree with you Oisin. Barry.

Keith Berry

Hi

just noticed Keith has included all his Phyliss Nicklen
slides on his site.
The Phyliss Nicklen site has been removed.
Sad in away all her work on Birmingham
late 50's and 60's now gone.
There must be thousands of slides lying around in
peoples draws etc lost for ever.
Well done Keith for this record of Brum.
Perhaps we could do a ask for people to donate slides
trouble is to store these we would need NASA type
equipment.

Mike Jenks

tip - toe

Well im really lucky to find this picture as this is my mom...................;)

Kelly I don't think it uploaded. Have a go in the practice area if you are not sure, or you can ask for help.

Moma P....Kelly's mother is the lady in the photo on Pauls (Oisin) link...? its a photo of a women on tip toes viewing over a wall at someone getting married....I agree with Paul it is a great candid shot....

Thanks for that JKC I was a little confused. The photo is lovely!

Back