• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

October 2008 edition Lucas article by Jackie Hill, article on Joseph Ash

W

Wendy

This months magazine is wonderful a smashing piece about Lucas from our own Jackie Hill. Also a facinating article about Joseph Ash a captain of industry. I haven't read it all yet but the pictures are great. There is a couple of photos of an unknown Handsworth family from a glass negative.

Don't offer to help the chap who's enquiring about the position of the victoria pub guest st. I did 2 days ago and he had already been inundated. He said he would look up the forum
mike

Jackie`s 3 page spread in the Mag was 1st class i know she was worried she would`nt do a good job but she had no need too, Jackie is a determined and hard working lady and her friend Lorraine & John her husband back her up 100%, the Lucas Memories site is proof of her hard work and expertise i am proud to be her friend. Len.

Also in this month's edition is a two page article by Dorothy Dodson nee Sheargold about her days at Upper Thomas Street J & I School. Dorothy used to post many interesting articles on the site, but we haven't heard from her lately.

Oh Sylvia that is a shame I wonder why. Always worry incase something is wrong. She would probably like to look at the photo's when I get them but Carl wants to have them too. Jean.

Jean, I know Dorothy lost her husband Bill early last year, I sent her an email after seeing the obituary in the Birmingham Mail, and she sent a nice reply to me. She did post a bit after that, but I don't know her current situation.

Thanks for that Sylvia. That's weird only our best friends are Bill and Dorothy and Dorothy is going in to Worcester general on Monday to undergo major bowel surgery. Chears Sylvia. Jean.

Thank you Sylvia she is in today for her final check up to make absolutely sure she can cope with the op. All her bloods were fine but she has an added problem. MS. I have a card ready to take and Bills birthday card for MONDAY of all days. He's a big six foot three farmer with hands like shovels but a heart as soft as jelly. If your his friend you'r a friend for life. TTFN. Jean.

Good morning

I wonder if anyone could be of help to me. I would like to get a copy of an old article or the edition of the magazine it appeared in. We did have the magazine but it seems to have disappeared.

thank you

Maureenxx

My pleasure Maureen. They had everyone except for the first copy when I phones last month. You can also subscribe on that no. All the best. Jean.

Hello again Jean I have telephoned and left amessage I do hope they will be able to help.

Thanks again

maureenxx

Back