• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Obscure poem

Danny beet

Brummie babby
In the early 50`s before I started school my great uncle visited my granny every weekday. He was a "rag and bone man" pushing his cart, collecting peoples unwanted clothes. He was in his 70`s bald,no teeth and bow legged. Rumour has it he couldn`t "stop a pig running up an entry".
Virtually every day I would sit onhis knee and recite a poem to me. He spoke very fast and did actions to match the words. i would laugfh uncontrollably and would beg him to recite the poem every time I saw him. He deliberately spoke fast and it took me years to learbthe words. I have never seen or read this ditty since he passed away;
Mother had a donkey
Kept it in the yard
One day it was raining very hard.
Mother bought the donkey in for a warm
In came the donkey
Bit mother`s ear.
Thought it was a cabbage leaf
And kicked the chandelier
Mother got the for
To stick it in the ass
Stuck it up my father`s ass
And out went the gas.
Anyone ever heard this before.
He also called me what sounded like..".Snickerpetoosh". Never heard it since and cannot find any trace of it. Has anyone ever heard it used??

In the early 50`s before I started school my great uncle visited my granny every weekday. He was a "rag and bone man" pushing his cart, collecting peoples unwanted clothes. He was in his 70`s bald,no teeth and bow legged. Rumour has it he couldn`t "stop a pig running up an entry".
Virtually every day I would sit onhis knee and recite a poem to me. He spoke very fast and did actions to match the words. i would laugfh uncontrollably and would beg him to recite the poem every time I saw him. He deliberately spoke fast and it took me years to learbthe words. I have never seen or read this ditty since he passed away;
Mother had a donkey
Kept it in the yard
One day it was raining very hard.
Mother bought the donkey in for a warm
In came the donkey
Bit mother`s ear.
Thought it was a cabbage leaf
And kicked the chandelier
Mother got the for
To stick it in the ass
Stuck it up my father`s ass
And out went the gas.
Anyone ever heard this before.
He also called me what sounded like..".Snickerpetoosh". Never heard it since and cannot find any trace of it. Has anyone ever heard it used??
It is like a Harry Champion song called 'Out went the gas' (no I don't remember him), You can find the full version on Google
Bob

Back