• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Nutt family in Digbeth

nutter

always an Aston boy
Can anyone help a very novice searcher. I am looking for family information. I think it was a Ralph Nutt/ Mary Nutt believed to have lived in Deritend or Digbeth areas around 1920s ?

Hi there, In the 1901 census,there is a family of Nutts living in House 1 Court 12 Heathmill Rd,Digbeth/Deritend.
Thomas and Mary,with children.....Rose,Ada,Florence,Thomas and Harold.
Whether these are part of your Nutt family? Have you any birth dates?

In the 1920/25/30 electoral rolls, Ralph and Nellie Margaret Nutt were at 2 Smithfield Buildings, Allison Street.

Think The Nut Family Ran A Sewing Repair Bussiness And Sold New Ones As Well InSaltley Many Years Ago Best Wishes ASTONIAN ,;;

Yes, there was a Nutt sewing machine repair shop in Poplar Road Kings Heath too, but that's closed. They're on Chester Road between Boldmere Road and Court Lane now.

The Nutts sewing machines are still on the Chester road Lloyd thats where I bought my last machine from. Jean.

Anyone help with this?
I had a response for a Ralph and Nellie Nutt,lived in Alison Street Deritend,Digbeth.
I have reason to believe that afterwards they moved to Cranmore Boulevard, Shirley, Solihull. I know they where possibly there in 1950s and possinto 1960s. Can anyone confirm this or explain how I can search for info, Im looking for house number, thats all at the moment. Any help would be much appreciated. These folks where my grandparents,lost all trace a many years ago.
Nutter.

I think there was a young footballer named Nutt circa 1947/49 born in Brum but signed for Coventry City. Len.

Hi again, I didnt explain myself very well in earlier post
I will try again-Can anyone tell me the house number for the Nutt family ( Ralph and Nellie) of Cranmore Boulevard Shirley Solihull. They lived there for definate in the 1950s.
Hope someone can help.
Nutter

Re the NUTT family in Digbeth, I lived at Rea Street Flats, corner of Rea Street and Digbeth from 1953 to 1968. Next to Digbeth Bus Station.

Ronald and Josephine NUTT lived at No 3 Rea Street Flats and are in the 1962 Voters List, they had a couple of children, but I can't remember their names.

If I remember correctly they were living local to the flats before moving there as were all the occupants, it was to handy for town and the Bull Ring to live anywhere else

I hope that this helps.

smiler

Can anyone tell me how I find a house number. I know the occupants name, an approx date and name of road, just looking to find house number so I can visit,look and have sweet memories before I get much older.lol
nutter

Can anyone help a very novice searcher. I am looking for family information. I think it was a Ralph Nutt/ Mary Nutt believed to have lived in Deritend or Digbeth areas around 1920s ?
Ralph and Nellie Nutt were my grandparents

Can anyone tell me how I find a house number. I know the occupants name, an approx date and name of road, just looking to find house number so I can visit,look and have sweet memories before I get much older.lol
nutter
178 I think I lived in it. I’d have to revisit to be sure

there is a family of nutts on the rednal roadoppersite the old longbridge works and speaking to the lady of the house whom getting on abit said her father is in an home as he suffered from memory loss he was an very elderly person i have to beleive and i came across of some books of his Astonian;;;

This a post script i am adding regarding the name of nutt amongest these books i had bought from the lady they was books of history on birmingham and amongest these books was a card and it was hand written and it was a long poem
about wyricks lane and finishing the poem I, Nutts , Astonian,;;;;;;;;

nutter
The house has changed significantly since I lived there

Don't forget only voters are on the eroll so no one under 21 features. How old would your Mom have been then?

She might be on Cranmore Boulevard but that is Solihull and none of their records are online. Microfilm (not digitised last time I went) copies are at Solihull Library.

Don't worry - I have a nightmare typing on here if I use my phone with predictive text. I am not sure where e rolls for Kingstanding would be but, if not online, you can't search by name only road. Have you looked at 1939 register?

1939 53 Newstead road , kingstanding
Ralph Nutt
Margaret N Nutt

Last edited:
1939 53 Newstead road , kingstanding
Ralph Nutt
Margaret N Nutt
their children were.
Joseph
Ralph
Evelyn
Patricia
Mary
Ronald
John
I don’t recognise some of those names think hey may have lost some but may mother was definitely one and she was Louisa

So sorry I have given the names of a Nutt/Mander marriage instead of Nutt/Manders marriage
the Nutt/Manders children were
Louisa,Harry,Annie,Albert,Sydney and Mark.
I will delete the other list the parents of those children were William C Nutt and Alice Mander.

Back