• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Nursery Cottage Update 2009

Alf

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
Following on from my previous post.
I said that Jack the Woodman lived here before me and he said he had photos of what it was like when the first moved in and I asked him if I could have copies which he said he would sort for me. But he has now passed on and I thought my chance had gone.

Then I met his Son In Law about three weeks ago and he said he could see what he could do.

Well out of the Blue last evening I recieved a e-mail and Three photos.

So here they are.

View attachment 32934 View attachment 32933

Left Taken 1950s Right Taken 1970s

:)

How nice for you Alf, the lady who lives next door to us has lived there since the house were built in the late1940's almost all her life she is 66 now. She has told me so much about who has lived in our house and the changes that have been made to it over the years, but there are no pic's :(
Chris/Pom :angel:

What a nice suprise Alf your cottage looks wonderful. You now have a bit of history to go with it.......lovely.:)

I've just caught up with you Alfie. Lovely photo's of the old cottage, don't forget to take photo's when your visitor arrives:)

Thanks Di & Wendy

Yes Di can't wait for my secret visitor it should be great fun:)

Only had my family and my best mate from Oz in 21 years so this one will be special

Last edited:
what wonderful photos alf..you must have been delighted to receive them.....

lyn:):)

alf..the 1950s shot would be lovely on the front of a christmas card...you could maybe send one to your friends....thats if it wasnt to expensive to have them printed....

lyn:):):)

Back