• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Number 11 Outer Circle Bus Route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Outer Circle Route Number 11

This is a record of the number 11 outer circle route as it used to be when some of us were children and our parents gave us the money on a Sunday morning to go and ride the route to get us out of their hair whilst mom cooked Sunday lunch.
I will do the outline for this photographic record of the route in the below sections, If you have a comment you want to record or a photo you wish to add, please keep it to the relevant section. I will provide a section at the end for comments and photos concerning the whole route.

This is a route I have no personal knowledge of so if I make any errors please excuse me. The route was started in 1926 though sections had been run as early as 1923. The route today is about 25 miles in length and takes some two hours to complete.
For the purpose of this thread the route we will take around the route will be clockwise (11C).

The sections are as following starting at Perry Barr.

1 Perry Barr to Erdington.
2 Erdington to Stechford
3 Stechford to Acocks Green
4 Acocks Green to Kings Heath
5 Kings Heath to Selly Oak
6 Selly Oak to Bearwood
7 Bearwood to Handsworth
8 Handsworth to Perry Barr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back