• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Not a problem for me, but apparently a problem for government advisors

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not to do with Birmingham. and one would have thought obvious to anyone, even me, with a small knowledge of computers. I do use Excel and am not good with it, but I am not an expert. This is apparently true and been reported on several sites as to the recent "excess" numbers of covid cases

The conclusion is, if you use computers read the manual!! Particularly if you are charging several million pounds to the public purse

1601905188324.pngThe conclusion is, if you use computers read the manual!!

too true Mike

Last edited:
I would have thought that someone would have noticed that the 'system' was not asking for anyone to be traced during the week when the problem occurred. Surely the CEO or person in charge would want to see a daily list of how many people the whole 'system' was tracing .... :rolleyes:

I think it is the system that replaced the "world beating system" when the "world beating system" did not work well

Back