• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Norton Plaque (bracebridge St) At National Motorcycle Museum

Yes Ray, There was a rumour that she was going to arrive on a motorbike but in the end it was the mayoral limo that delivered her. I thought she made a great little speech that was bang on for the occassion. She really seemed 'one of the lads'.
But what Phillestine (spelling?) was responsible for shifting the plaque?
Ted

Ted,
I seem to recall she left the official car,it either broke down or was stuck in traffic so she walked the last bit,never noticed anything laddish about her I thought she was all woman,:)but then, I would.:rolleyes: I do remember my old man kissing her...don't ask.:redface:
Can't imagine what happened to the plaque,I'm now thinking is the wall it was on still there ?:rolleyes:.

The images on this thread have been lost, so if anyone has them (or substitutes), particularly of the plaque, please let me know. Many thanks. Viv.

thanks janice i remember seeing the plaque...cant understand why it has been removed...

lyn

Here is my old Norton: taken in about 1971, heading towards Buxton. Ramshaw rocks, looking over to Morridge. Scan 4.jpg

smashing photo norton....janice if the wall has gone they could have moved the plaque as the norton factory is still there..well it was the last time i went to the mike hailwood run which starts in bracebridge st...

lyn

Back