• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Northfield Mill

Di.Poppitt

master brummie
Name: Benjamin Connop
Estimated birth year: abt 1824 
Relation: Head 
Spouse's name: Eliza J
Where born: Halesowen, Worcestershire, England

Civil parish: Northfield 
Ecclesiastical parish: Church 
Town: Bartley Green 
County/Island: Worcestershire 

Street address: The Mill

Condition as to marriage:

Disability: View image

Registration district: Kings Norton
Sub-registration district: Edgbaston
ED, institution, or vessel: 3
Neighbors: View others on page 
Household schedule number: 152
Household Members: Name Age
Benjamin Connop 47 
Eliza J Connop 35 
Lucy G Connop 4 
Paulina J Connop 2 
James Moss 47 

Loisand, in 1881 this man was recorded as living at Mill Farm Peascroft Lane Northfield, but as Farmer.

loisand

master brummie
Hi Di, I'm getting slow, just found this one, sorry took so long to answer. Sometime after 1873 Northfield Mill or Connop's mill became an Inn and farm, so that is why he is listed in 1881 as living at Mill Farm, we now have the census for this mill 1881, 1871, 1861, so for 20 years the property has been in the same family.
:flower: :cat:

Grea

master brummie
Di, I am looking for information on connops mill and noticed some time back you showed an interest in this mill. Any information would be a help especially the book written about it by the occupant G

Di.Poppitt

master brummie
Hi Greart, I don't have any more details than the census show. Loisand was at the time doing a project on Mills in Birmingham and I helped her by using the census.
Good luck with your research though:)