• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Norman Nellie

senoraruz

master brummie
Looking for info about this lady who was my mother´s half sister.
She was born in Bradford in 1908. Following her mother´s death, her father re married & in around 1927 the family moved to Birmingham. Nellie & one of her sisters went with them.
At some point around 1930-32 there was a huge family argument & Nellie & her sister returned to Bradford, as far as we know.
Can´t find any trace of her there & suspect she stayed in Birmingham as I have found a possible marriage in 1942 to Shepherd. If this is her, there were 3 children of the marriage & Nellie died in Brum in 1960.
I was totally unaware of my grandfather´s 1st marriage until a few years ago. I am now in contact with several of his other grandchildren, none of whom know what the row was about or what happened to Nellie, as apparently none of the older daughters ever had contact with grandad again.
I know about all the other sisters, but we would all love to know what happened to Nellie.
I do have other info about her, but it´s sensitive & there´s a good probability that her children could still be alive.
Please does this ring a bell with anyone.

hi senora
take a look at normandy street winson green i knew ronald norman;and his family it may be the part you are missing
big ronnie known to his friends because of his size 6 ft 4 in; and broad ;living with his sister there up tll 1972-3
met a lady and moved in with her ;in selwyn rd edbaston and later in the years moved to wellington rd perry barr
i think it may be the starting point of there and your family tree best wishes astonian;

Back