• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Norman Arther Taplin Navy records.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
My uncle Norman was on a mine sweeper during World War 1 and I wondered if anyone would be able to find the ship or ships he served on please?. He was residing at 3/36 Franchise street at the time. Many thanks. Jean. :star::star::positive::positive::cupcake::cupcake:

Hi Jean

The National Archives have recently disclosed over 40,000 RNVR (Royal Navy Volunteer Reserves) records
could your uncle Norman be amongs,t that particular branch of our heroes,,?
Minesweepers eh!,,,total respect * good luck in tracing him,,, Cheers John

OOOps it should have read World War 2. What a p.....a.:dejection:. Thanks John. My cousin Trevor who Alberta put me in touch with is doing two family trees and would like this information and Normans daughters too. Jean.

Can't find him mentioned anywhere, unless the birth in West Bromwich in 1924 is him.

Hi Lloyd yes that is Uncle Norman. I am sure Nan said he joined up when he was too young to do so. Thanks.

Back