• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Norfolk Brummie

oldbrit

OldBrit in Exile
I am very sorry, shattered and devastated to report, that my mate and lifelong friend Eddie Ted Haynes Norfolk Brummie. passed away in April 2018 I am sure all of you will miss his postings and himself as I will. Rest in peace Eddie GOD BLESS. We had planned on a visit to Eddie and Berryl in June John Crump Parker. Colorado USA

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 9
[QUOTE="oldbrit, post: 618405, member: 15660"I am shattered I just learned that Eddie Haynes passed away last month", John

Very sad news. I used to enjoy Eddies reminisces. I wonder if St. Peter allowed him in with his drums, hope so.

Can someone get the Obituary for Eddie Haynes he lived in Hevingham Norfolk UK Passed away in Apil 2018 Thanks John Crump

I am devastated to hear my old friend Eddie Haynes has passed away. We met up at an Antique Drum Show in Coventry a few months ago and he showed me his book which was going for its final edit, so I'm not sure if it has got published. We hadn't seen each other for around 20 years and it was so good to meet up with him after all this time and now he's gone. A great drummer and a wonderful man, he will surely be missed. RIP Eddie

Can someone get the Obituary for Eddie Haynes he lived in Hevingham Norfolk UK Passed away in Apil 2018 Thanks John Crump
EDWARD VICTOR (Eddie) HAYNES

Originally printed on April 25, 2018 in the Eastern Daily Press.
Viewed by 444 Visitors.

HAYNES EDWARD VICTOR (Eddie) At the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on April 17th, 2018, aged 84 years. A loving husband to Beryl and a devoted father to Juliet and Louise. The funeral service will be held at St Peter’s Church, Sheringham on Friday, May 11th, 2018 at 2 p.m. No flowers by request, however donations to benefit SSAFA (the Armed Forces Charity) may be given online at www.ivan fisher.co.uk or sent care of Ivan Fisher Independent Funeral Home, The Old Bank, 2-4 Norwich Road, Aylsham,

So sad to hear that Eddie has passed away. I always enjoyed reading his posts describing such interesting and enjoyable memories.

very sad news that one of members passed away recently...eddie made some great posts on the forum especially on the "memories of a birmingham musician" thread

sincere condolences to eddies family may he rest in peace and thanks for the memories eddie

lyn xxx

Very sad to hear of the loss of a Forum Member, especially someone with interesting and specific memories. RIP Eddie +++

Eddie taught me drums for about 5 years in North Norfolk in the 90s. We stayed in regular contact after I left for University and he helped me get my Grade 8 in my 20s. He was a mentor, a bit of a father figure but most of all we just shared a great love of drumming. I think about him every time I sit down at my drum kit today and most days when I don't. I've found reading his thread a fantastic way to remember him. He told me lots of stories about his career but many on there I heard for the first time. That Carnegie Hall story still makes me chuckle every time I remember it.

Thanks for everything Eddie, rest in peace my friend x

Eddie taught me drums for about 5 years in North Norfolk in the 90s. We stayed in regular contact after I left for University and he helped me get my Grade 8 in my 20s. He was a mentor, a bit of a father figure but most of all we just shared a great love of drumming. I think about him every time I sit down at my drum kit today and most days when I don't. I've found reading his thread a fantastic way to remember him. He told me lots of stories about his career but many on there I heard for the first time. That Carnegie Hall story still makes me chuckle every time I remember it.

Thanks for everything Eddie, rest in peace my friend x
Eddie took me on a journey and I thank him for that, I am so glad he found the BHF site and shared his memory's with us,

Back