• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

No Blue Tooth!

carolina

master brummie
Is there anything that can be bought on the market that can be legally used for your mobile phone in the car. Unfortunately there is no Aux. Thanks

Is there anything that can be bought on the market that can be legally used for your mobile phone in the car. Unfortunately there is no Aux. Thanks
it is illegal in the UK to ride a motorcycle or drive using hand-held phones or similar devices. ... The law currently says drivers can use hands-free phones, sat navs and two-way radios, but if the police think the driver is distracted and not in control of the vehicle, they could get penalised

Yes I appreciate that its the reason I'm asking if there is anything that can be wired in like Bluetooth

Thanks its just for emergency cover that's all. Not to be used all the time
i have a two way radio,in mine it is legal.to have it, but if i use it i could get done for driving with out due care.
so be carfull and good luck.

I gave up using a VHF Ham radio in my car back in 1989. Far too much traffic requiring constant vigilance especially where 'bumper to bumper' conditions existed. My no-claim discount was too valuable to lose.

Thoroughly agree, though would add that,for real safety, over-talkative passengers who think you should be chatting to them all the time should be fitted with a gag

I gave up using a VHF Ham radio in my car back in 1989. Far too much traffic requiring constant vigilance especially where 'bumper to bumper' conditions existed. My no-claim discount was too valuable to lose.
too true i never use it to tx,only rx when i go a long way. it is a baefung.it come with bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.:laughing: it is wide band .no way now will i use the kenwood,yaesu etc.

My car has a built in bluetooth voice-operated hands-free phone system. I press a button on the steering wheel, say a name (pre-loaded) and it calls them. I tested it once but never make calls while driving. If I receive a call I reply that I will call back when I've found a place to stop.

It is useful when the system detects that I'm not carrying the phone so I know I've forgotten to bring it with me.

One thing the system in my wonderful keyless car did not do was call me when it was stolen off the drive with the key fobs still in the house .... : unamused:

Last edited:
after so many mins the doors lock on my car. i left the key on the passenger seat. had to go home and get the spare.

gps finds a phone, if it is stolen and shuts it down.. does it find the car,if it has gps built in the radio sys and shut the car down if that is stolen?

after so many mins the doors lock on my car. i left the key on the passenger seat. had to go home and get the spare. gps finds a phone, if it is stolen and shuts it down.. does it find the car,if it has gps built in the radio sys and shut the car down if that is stolen?
I suppose while it is legal to have mobile phones in cars people will use them. I use the M60 a lot and see many people driving on it openly using their phones .. and maybe it is common on other motorways. Worrying because with the upgrades to 'Smart' motorways a higher level of attentiveness is required when driving.

With regard to my stolen keyless car it was driven 14 miles and parked. Three days later someone complained about it being in their parking space and called the police. They had it removed to a pound for forensics and a week later I got it back.

I have since made a 'faraday cage' and keep my main key fob in it. My spare key fob is wrapped in kitchen foil !!

yer well said. i have put my wifi box in a faraday box.and use ethernet. so the nextdoor cant use my wifi sig.i was looking around the www and saw some gizmos that can read and clone your keys eprom.no wander cars are nicked, i am going to take mt stearing wheel off

Advantages to a Racing Steering Wheel (Funny)

Attachments

• 1549360857581.jpeg
    1549360857581.jpeg
    3.3 KB · Views: 2
What I see a lot of on 'Police interceptors' is the cops driving one handed whilst giving chase, no that's more dangerous than some other drivers chatting to their missus.
My mobile is rarely used at any time and never whilst driving, it's in my pocket, if it rings it's ignored.
Ps. I once heard the 'interceptors' described as "Overweight boy racers in uniform." :)

yer i saw a cop driving along talking into his left shoulder; were is vhf was back then. not even looking at the road.

What's all this about blue tooth and key fobs? My car still has a starting handle.

My car isn't keyless any more, I now use a full cover steering wheel 'disklok' which has to be unlocked with a key!

The car and key fobs had to be reprogramed before the car was returned to me but they put an old program in and the battery completely discharged over a weekend. I could not even get in the car and had to prize open the key fob to find a little emergency key so I could get in and open the bonnet.

The car and key fobs then had be updated to the latest software !

My car isn't keyless any more, I now use a full cover steering wheel 'disklok' which has to be unlocked with a key!

The car and key fobs had to be reprogramed before the car was returned to me but they put an old program in and the battery completely discharged over a weekend. I could not even get in the car and had to prize open the key fob to find a little emergency key so I could get in and open the bonnet.

i bought a car last year there was no doors at all on it so i returned it becausei could not get in.

no what happend the battery went flat and the doors would not open.i did not know there is a emergency key hole with a plug in it

oldMohawk, did you have to pay to get your keyfobs reprogrammed when your car was stolen? I know that replacement keys are expensive these days. My car is due for replacement in a few months & the i`ve got my eye on is a keyless Vauxhall Grandland. I thought i was being patriotic chosing a Vauxhall but apparently they`re made in France! I don`t fancy the hassle of using a steering wheel lock.:(

Back