• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

nicholls toys

K

keith1963

hi, does anyone remember nicholls of the midlands toys wholesalers in
digbeth i used to work there in the seventies.
names iam searching for are bob nicholls and martyn reynolds.

I remember Nicholls warehouse from passing it on the bus going in to the City, i did not know any one who worked there, but they were a old established company. Len.

hi, does anyone remember nicholls of the midlands toys wholesalers in
digbeth i used to work there in the seventies.
names iam searching for are bob nicholls and martyn reynolds.

Keith I worked for them in 1969 Bob Nichols used to live in Sutton at one time:)

Hi Keith, In the days of Bob Nicholls and Martin Reynolds I was a manager with Dillons and I collected stock on your late night I think was on a Tuesday Mr BOB was always dashing around, and very much on the ball, They moved to a new premises after the fire, just across the road. I WONDER IF THEY ARE STILL THERE ????

Derek Hudson

hi derek
sadley not lke most companies they have bitten the dust of the digbeth and old father times
as you say they was across from digbeth police station and behind the car show room of digbeth motors years ago until there fire and moved around he corner so to speak ; they was one of brums major supplyers for toys of brum ;toy shops
have a nice day even thou its a wet one they forecast best wishes Astonian;;

Hi my wife Ann worked there in 1973 in the old building on the corner of Oxford Street and also the new building across the road , people who was there Barbara Adkins , Sue Jones ,Betty Powell ,Stephanie Mead ,Janet Arlington along with Leonard Fisher ,Martyn Reynolds and Robert Nicholls . Many happy memories there

Back