• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Newtown

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
thought i would put this pic on. its taken in new john st west newtown 1967. on the right you can just see the old houses are still up. maybe someone will recognise these three lads. wales

thought i would put this pic on. its taken in new john st west newtown 1967. on the right you can just see the old houses are still up. maybe someone will recognise these three lads. wales

Wales - not me. However, I think I remember the guy in the forefront of the picture? His face looks familiar.

keith

alf. my first instinct was a pop singer. thats who i am thinking of. i wonder ????? wales.

There is definately a striking resemlance Alf...

Yes looks like it Keith
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLo8GJJLUhE&feature=related"]YouTube - Eric Burdon - The Animals - Monterey 1967[/ame]

Is this a joke ?? thats never gonna be Eric Burden & the Animals .
you would never see (if it is them ) on the streets of Birmingham
at that age , and besides the band was Geordie & from Newcastle
also the photo is early to mid 60s and Eric Burdon was born in
1941 which makes him in his early 20s .

ragga ....

Oh i see now Keith .... hehehe ... I really thought you were both
being serious , silly meeeeeeeeee .

ragga ......

just having a bit of fun there ragga. would have been great if it had have been them. hope it wont be long before someone recognises the lads. its a very clear photo. wales. house of the rising sun. in my opinion one of the all time classics.

Last edited:
Totally agree there Wales my uffer favs by the band were
dont let me be misunderstood & its my life .
like you said theres gotto be someone around who can put
name to there faces. I can`t although they are about my age .

ragga ..

thats it ragga. youve started me off now quoting other animals tracks. off to put me cd on now. lol lyn

[ame="https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tBGXwX-TdTY"]YouTube - Animals - House of the Rising Sun[/ame]
Classic Eric & the Animals. There's a strong similarity to that lad in the photo, when you look closely!

Is this a joke ?? thats never gonna be Eric Burden & the Animals .
you would never see (if it is them ) on the streets of Birmingham
at that age , and besides the band was Geordie & from Newcastle
also the photo is early to mid 60s and Eric Burdon was born in
1941 which makes him in his early 20s .

ragga ....

I know their history and I know its not them and him, I know David Becham but we still have look alike programes are you having me on ragga.

Last edited:
hi all. ive just been given a book entitled poverty and opportunity 100 years of the birmingham settlement. it makes very interesting reading and heres a few pics out of it. maybe someone will recognise themselves. wales. im pretty sure this family are outside the 5 blocks of flats along new john st west. they are geach teviot ray schofield and martinau towers.

this last one has me stumped so i hope someone can confirm where it was. my guess is if you walk up that path the road running along is again new john st west and i think maybe the flats are some of the 5 i mentioned in the first pic. only a guess mind. im hoping someone will recognise the building. wales.

Back