• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Newspaper Request

MWS

from Bham
I'm not sure if newspapers are still part of a standard membership at findmypast but if so could someone with such please paste a copy of the story that appeared on 25 Mar 1923 in Glasgow or 29 Mar 1923 in London about a Francis Henry Simmonds (b Bham). If it isn't then not to worry.

Many thanks.

There are two. The first 2 clips from the Sunday Post, and the last from the Illustrated Police News.

983E2DC3-7A6C-4EF1-992C-6AF18F1CDE99.jpeg 88F0205F-62BB-4584-8990-E32DEC8A9601.jpeg 44BBA6EE-E831-4834-8996-2D4935BFB609.jpeg

That's great, thanks for that. Didn't know anything about America, if it's true.

Looking at what I've learnt, I'm fairly sure that the mention of America is a mistake probably being confused with his offence in Newport, for which he got 6 years.

There just isn't a big enough gap between his other convictions for him to travel to America and serve another six year prison sentence.

Back