• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Newey

As Richard was born 1791 and I think Christopher was born 1762 it would seems probable that Christopher was dead before 1841.

There is a burial for a Christopher Newey in Handsworth 1811, however that could be him or his son (born 1804). No other details are given.

Either way, there is going to be very little other information available for him.

One thing in favour of it being him (the father) is that his daughter (Charlotte) dies in 1808 and on the burial it lists her as the daughter of Christopher and Elizabeth, something I would also expect if it was Christopher the son.

MWS and Janice,

You two are amazing.
Without your help I would not have been able to figure this all out.
Thank you for your quick and insightful responses.
Janice, I am still having fun with the interactive map you sent the link to.

Wish I thank you in person.

Regards,

Z

Yes Dorothy was my maternal grandmother . I think Thomas Henry was Herbert’s father... but I haven’t got any further back yet.
uncle Reuben was my fathers relation, my father was William Henry Newey, maternal grandmother ran the Shakespear Pub in Garbet Street Ladywood but was not Newey but Watkins
Newey Needles was Dads Cousin who went to America
let me know as i am not good with computers !

Hello all I am a new member. I hope that someone can help. My wife's Grandmother was Mabel Rose Newey (1885-1957), who married Frederick William Salt in 1908. I cannot find a link from her to the artist Harry Foster Newey(1858-1933), who married Kate Elizabeth P Meeke in the Jun 1894 qtr in Aston Reg Dist.
We know that my wife is related to Harry Foster Newey because we have several of his paintings handed down through the generations to our wider family. Can anyone help please?

Mabel Rose Newey was his daughter, birth reg. Jun qtr 1885 Bham.

Harry Foster Newey's marriage to Kate was reg. 1884 not 1894.

Thank you so much MWS. Whoops I mistyped H F Newey's marriage, of course it is Jun Qtr 1884 in Aston. So sorry!
That really helps me hugely. Can I help you in any way further down the line?

Thank you so much MWS. Whoops I mistyped H F Newey's marriage, of course it is Jun Qtr 1884 in Aston. So sorry!
That really helps me hugely. Can I help you in any way further down the line?

Thanks but I have no connection, just info I was able to find.

Back