• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

New, Where is this.(location 2)

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
OK only a tiny bit harder than the last, this location was recently mentioned on the forum.

Phil

xx-13.jpg

I think after nearly 24 hours and over 70 viewings, but no attempts at answering it is time to give a little clue. My trouble is I am too soft.

This location was once the way part of the Winson Green area of Birmingham looked. Now that is giving it away.

Phil

Is it opposite the prison?. Jean. Pete's trying to remember the name from when he was a drayman.

The Queens Head
Aberdeen Street Winson Green
And It Runs Between Winson Green Rd And Dudley Rd
And If You Was To Go Down From Dudley Rd Hospital You Would On Your Left Hand Side Down Aberdeen St, Dudley Hospital Is Now Known As The City Hospital

The Queens Head
Aberdeen Street Winson Green
And It Runs Between Winson Green Rd And Dudley Rd
And If You Was To Go Down From Dudley Rd Hospital You Would On Your Left Hand Side Down Aberdeen St, Dudley Hospital Is Now Known As The City Hospital

Well done Astonian,

I was waiting for you to come on after what I read on another thread the other day.

Phil.

Thanks pmc1947 got rather exited and printed the wrong one. First time I have copied photo's myself. Got a bit carried away. I even pressed twice and duplicated it. If you wish to cancel it or remove please free to do so. Jean.

HI PHIL .
As Fast As Turned On My Computer ,And Turned To The Thread
It Was If I Was In The Pub Yet ALONE The Street
I Never Had To Asked Myself Where Is This Location Is .
Best Wishes To You ALL ASTONIAN,

Hope this one is OK?. Bye for now. Jean.

Jean

I hope I didn't give the wrong impression, it is not me laying these rules down I have to obey them the same as you. Only after the original thread was locked. Colin laid some guidelines down, the most important being that we keep the locations close to Birmingham and so that the threads do not get too long, a different one is started for each location.

That is why I started with "where is this (location 2)" and when that was solved I started a seperate thread "where is this (location 2). You should have then started another thread where is this (location 3)

I hope you are not as confused as I am, I was just trying to put you on the right path, and I'm sure Colin will allow this to continue as long as we start a new thread on completion

Phil

Jean

I want to say the Bull Ring but I think that is too obvious. So I am going to say Moat St.

Phil

Quite close PMC. It was taken in 190l [clue] Bye and stop worrying. Jean. Teach me to look properly next time.

Well 1901 was the year Queen Victoria died, so I will say Victoria Square.

Phil

Another clue. Notice the flag. That is when migrant workers were coming to Birmingham and quite a few of them set up there wares. Jean.

Looks like the Italian flag to me, the Italian community (little Italy) was around the Digbeth area. so is it Digbeth High St or Smithfield St?

Phil

pmc. It was an Italian ice cream seller in Smithfield market. Sorry to have kept you have been ironing and cooking the tea. I'm not like Langstrat and do dissappearing tricks. Will sort another one out not so difficult. Easy when you have the answer before you. Chears. Jean.

Thanks Jean

Don't forget, if you do decide to put another up then start a seperate thread to this. Thats if I don't start another myself or I am beat to it by someone else.

Phil

Suppose you could call it somewhere in the Midlands etc Pmc. Do it and I will put old photo's on from wherever you say. Got an old book full of them. Bye. Jean.

Back