• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

New Version Of The Forum To Test

Seems fine after just a quick look Warren. Does the new version solve any problems you had with the old?

to be honest i never really had any issues, compared with VB we used to have this is a godsend, the version just adds on new security and GDPR compliance.

we were compliant anyway with the cookie message, I do think the new version is cleaner though

Seems good - only one observation: page numbers - at the moment we see 1,2,3 etc so you can select any one. On the new version it said 1 of 5 and next. So you would have to go all through. Nothe essential but eg This morning I was on a page 6 and wanted to check a post number to refer to it knew it was on page 3 so clicked the 3 the the 6 to go back.

OK perhaps it was because I was on my phone. It is fine on my laptop. Thanks - otherwise like it.

Quite honestly if you hadn't have told me I wouldn't have noticed! Since my link goes straight into New Posts, I don't get a front page with version numbers, etc. I only complain when it stops working! Now content, that's a different matter...... :)

Maurice

Assuming all is fine with the testing I will look to update this to the new version this weekend.

also looks like the appreciate in place of the like button is working ok..thanks warren

Looks good to me. The font size seems a bit smaller, any chance of increasing it? Otherwise tos great.

Will the internet address of the forum stay the same to ensure that all the internal forum links continue to work ?

It will the one above is just a test site to ensure the upgrade works ok that way any bugs can be checked without breaking the main site.

I like the quotes which look much better with the new colour scheme and the link arrow is now clearer than it was before ...

I notice when using Chrome or Edge and I scroll down on any page, about 1cm of the header image stays visible ... probably a good thing because the search is always available without having to go to top of page.

If I dislike it enough, I will write a comment, though that may not always be appreciated! :)

Maurice

Back