• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

New unseen photos with no locations

Phil
You probably got it from the forum, as I have put it on before, but forgot I took a second one immediately after.
I have now modified the entries for the two photographs on the 1969-73 thread, now they have been identified.

Well done all. Just signed in and missed out on all the action - again - today. You lot have been very busy! Thanks also to Alan (Astonian) for your Newbury's memories. Just a few photos so far and we're all much wiser for it. Thanks Lyn and Mike, this is a great thread. Viv.

Just another confirmation, this is the building in 1957 when it was still in use, next door to what was to become to the Moathouse Club,

Attachments

• Digbeth Bradford St Moathouse Club Building 1957.JPG
    Digbeth Bradford St Moathouse Club Building 1957.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 148
I guess the meat market was pretty close to the Drovers Arms. That area of the city was not one I ventured often. I recalled seeing an old 'photo, on this site I am sure, of sheep being driven in Bradford Street.

well viv it helps keep the little grey cells ticking over...will post my next photo after i have sorted dinner out...wont be that long..

here is my next one folks..this does have a side st or road name to it but i cant make it out..

Attachments

• img935.jpg
    img935.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 227
Lyn

It's the corner of Bromsgrove St & Pershore St opposite where they built the Silver Blades.

Definitely looks like Pershore St written on the road sign leading off to the right. Viv.

Lyn

Here one looking the other way.

Attachments

• City brosgrove street and pershore street 195...[1].jpg
    City brosgrove street and pershore street 195...[1].jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 155
A pic on the forum here https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38737&p=488565#post488565
Shows the Sunbeam Grates shop
index.php

Last edited:
Confirmation. Pub with chimney still there on Bromsgrove Street. Just about the only recognisable building. Viv.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 85
crikey that was quick..how it has changed..ive got my bearings now...thanks phil and phil..you are just like a double act lol.. thanks to you also viv

its over to mike for the next one...

crikey that was quick..how it has changed..ive got my bearings now...thanks phil and phil..you are just like a double act lol.. thanks to you also viv

its over to mike for the next one...
We were all on our marks on the starting line and Phil made the quickest start ...
eagerness.png

Whatever deal they're trying to strike, they're giving it some very serious thought. Think the man with his back to the camera has something in his hands. Reins maybe? And yes Phil, Mr Shifty looks like he doesn't want to be caught on camera. Maybe the discussion was about something not strictly legit. The horses look a bit thin to me, not very well nourished. Viv.

Last edited:
what a smashing photo of the drovers arms northfield..thanks for sharing it

lyn

Thanks Mohawk. I was just responding to a request by Astoness. You could have reposted at that point. Shan't bother again.

Hi Northfield
I also have another picture of the Drovers Arms which as a slightly different one with women and what appears to be
The old high prams selling there goods out side the Drovers Arms and it is definitely the same pub and building as I have them in front of me comparing
And it is listed as 346 Bradford Street on the corner of Smithfield street in the vicinity of the meat market
Stating this photograph was taken in 1901., And the manager 1, A F Green, 2., Mrs A Green, joint mangers
Best wishes Astonian,,, Alan,,,,

Back