• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

New unseen photos with no locations

Linda Foxall

Below is one where Phil has suggested a location , but was not sure, though it was taken after one of the Stratford arms in Kyrwicks Lane , which would make his atribution likely. Wwould be nice if someone else finds it famiiar.
The three-quarters-covered name on the shop to the right of centre reads Thompson. There is an S.J. thompson in Deakins road, but this seems unlikely. Phil has suggested that it might be Kyrwicks Lane, and there was a Lilian Gertrude Thompson , shopkeeper, at 97 Kyrwicks Lane, which fits with the parts of the remaining letters that can be seen.

37A__L_G__Thompson_97_Kyrwicks_Lane.jpg
Just read this and yes it is Thomson’s sweet shop that sold toys too. I lived at 135 Kyrwicks lane

Philgard7

Brummie babby
Just read this and yes it is Thomson’s sweet shop that sold toys too. I lived at 135 Kyrwicks lane
Thompsons and next door to the right a green grocers, then a bit of waste ground and the entrance to our yard where I lived at 8/91. Next to that Coley's the grocer which was very modern with glass counter and a bacon slicer which I longed to have a go with. Happy memories.