• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

New unseen photos of brum

hi moss i have just edited post 19 for you...i was right about whitehead road being there...

lyn
Hi Lyn, just been looking through your photos on this thread. They are marvellous! Can I just say that the #19 photo was taken from Whitehead Street looking across High Street to Whitehead Road as you rightly say. You may remember how much of a stickler I am about the Whitehead Street thread as most people confuse it with Whitehead Road.

the crown pub on the right bottom of bath st and snow hill...taken from gt charles st bridge..st chads in the background..
Just up on the left hand side of Bath St on the corner of Shadwell St was where I started my part time job at Rowland Keen in the gun trade in 1960. They moved a few months later to Lincoln Jefferies shop in Steelhouse Lane because of the impending development of Snow Hill/Queensway Circle. I have an early photo of that corner but cannot post it because it has no url reference.

hello dawn and welcome to the forum...as you have most likely read on post 1 i was given these privately taken photos to do with as i saw fit so i shared them...its posts like yours that make it so worth while so glad you like that particular photo which has a family interest....if you have any that you could add we would love to see them

all the best

lyn

bringing this thread to the top for members who may not have seen it...i am sure these photos will stir some memories with our members and look forward to reading about them...enjoy

lyn

corner of john bright st on the left..
I had a theory about that clock. There always seemed to be part of it not work. I think this was deliberate. Finding the bit that wwas not working was like having an itch that had to be scratched. Of course as you searched you kept seeing the name Guinness. The advert had worked.

Then below the clock you could see the slouchy zoot suits.

the crown pub on the right bottom of bath st and snow hill...taken from gt charles st bridge..st chads in the background..
New to the forum. I lived at the Crown on Snow Hill as a child in the late 50's. My father Stan "Chalkie" White was the landlord. I would love to hear from anyone with memories or pictures of the Crown before it was demolished.

Back