• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

New unseen photos of brum

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks..last week i was given over 100 black and white photos taken in the 50s and 60s...most of them in and around the city centre but a few taken outside the centre including a few from the top of the no 8 bus...these were taken by a keen amateur with whatever camera he had to hand at the time...the quality of some is not very good others are fine but i still think they are worth looking at..the locations are written on the back of about 80 the rest have no location on them so for now i will concentrate on the ones with locations...i have so far scanned the first 25 and will post them shortly..i am quite happy for anyone to save any of interest and also to post them on other forums and sites all i ask is that if you do so i would appreciate it if you could credit them (with thanks to the birmingham history forum) please feel free to talk about any of the photos that bring back memories...hope you like them

lyn

Last edited:
ok folks here we go...

co op from new st across the big top

Attachments

• img855.jpg
    img855.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 676
the lewis building from bull st

Attachments

• img856.jpg
    img856.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
corner of john bright st on the left..

Attachments

• img858.jpg
    img858.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 242
upper priory..lewis bulding on left gaumont cinema ahead

Attachments

• img859.jpg
    img859.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 242
old woothworths opposite st martins in spiceal st

Attachments

• img860.jpg
    img860.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 270
piggot st school and accident hospital taken from 9th floor of chatsworth tower..

Attachments

• img862.jpg
    img862.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 167
the crown pub on the right bottom of bath st and snow hill...taken from gt charles st bridge..st chads in the background..

Attachments

• img863.jpg
    img863.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 197
tram depot opp birmingham city football club

Attachments

• img864.jpg
    img864.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 192
boots taken from top of snow hill

Attachments

• img867.jpg
    img867.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 230
taken from bull st bottom left..road leading to right is high st

Attachments

• img869.jpg
    img869.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 206
birmingham and midland instutute next to free library

Attachments

• img870.jpg
    img870.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 148
high st aston from no 8 bus..my neck o the woods i love this one...high st running across...izons chemist on the corner of high st and whitehead road...the white building will be known to many as dr masseys surgery on the corner or whitehead road and park lane...

Attachments

• img871.jpg
    img871.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
taken from no 8 bus coming down monument road..another of my favourites..i have never seen these properties on monument road before..springhill library is on the left corner and on the opposite corner is what used to be the palace cinema which then became a dance hall

Attachments

• img872.jpg
    img872.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Back