• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

NEW POLICE MUSEUM NOW OPEN

I remember standing at the bus stop waiting for the #65 directly across from the entrance on Steelhouse Lane, when I was just a little lad.

I learned that it was where bad peple went if they got caught. Just the sight was enough to keep me on the straight and narrow!

From the link, it definitely looks like a great visitor attraction. I wonder how many former innmates are likely to visit, or work as tour guides!

I assume the one at Sparkbrook or was it Sparkhill has closed down then as I tried to gain access or even let them know I was coming to visit. You may be aware by now William Thomas Beach better know as Billy Beach was my great grandfather who had a Vendetta with Sheldon and Colman.

Hello all

Just for clarification the police museum has moved from Sparkhill and is now at 40 Steelhouse lane, Birmingham. The opening hours are 10am - 4pm Tuesday - Sunday. Last entry is 3pm.
The site is museum.west-midlands.police.uk should you wish to book tickets

Have a look at the site

Steve R

hi steve just like to say a huge thank you to yourself and everyone else who has worked so hard to make sure that birmingham once again has a much needed police museum....see you soon

lyn
Astoness. I just want to contribute to this site. I do not use PayPal. Just wanted to log in and use my Debit Card.?.

hi terence you will find the various ways of donating to this forum on the donate thread...link below...the forums account details are given so you should be able to use your debit card...thank you

hi terence you will find the various ways of donating to this forum on the donate thread...link below...the forums account details are given so you should be able to use your debit card...thank you

Set it up tonight. Sorted.

Donated.

Back