• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

New Nechells And Aston Photos

philbee

birmingham born and bred
Last three:

5. Nechells Green football team 1911 – 1912. Muriel’s Uncle Frank Phillips played for WBA (back end of 1800’s).

6. Alf Garbett Snr – 2nd Row. Where did they do ‘circular tours’. Boy in cap – Muriel's Uncle, George Garbett.

7. Christmas party at L H Newton. Muriel is on far right of picture, at table. Back row: Ken?, ?, Miss James, ?, ?, ?, Mr McClaren, Peter, ?, ?, ?, Diane, ?, Rita Gallagher, ?, ?, Muriel.

philbee

birmingham born and bred
I posted the last post before i had written it (silly me) anyway i was just going to say that you are correct in naming Rita Gallagher she was my cousin she is sadly no longer with us but she must have been young in this photo , i to worked at newtons in the toolroom and later on in the transport dept in thimble mill lane newtons was a place of work for many of my family over the years.
Philbee

landcrab9

knowlegable brummie
off nechells park road..could anyone identify the pub as it looks more like lichfield road to me...there again i stand to be corrected
The pub is the New Inns on the corner of Stuart Street. Teddy Fenn's butchers shop was the second shop along from the corner of Trevor Street going towards town.
Bryan.

landcrab9

knowlegable brummie
prince of wales pub longacre nechells this one shows newtons factory on the right which has already been mentioned on this thread
Great photo Lyn, taken from the corner of Thimblemill Lane & Walter Street, by the old BRS parcels depot.
Bryan.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
yes a great photo gerry ..i think i posted it on the bartons arms thread some years back

all the best

lyn

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
its always good to post any photo gerry even if you are not sure we have it...better to have 2 than none at all

lyn