• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

New Member - Lives in Leeds

R

richaj

Hi Everyone

I have just become a new member of this great site. My name is Julie (nee Shellard) my grandparents both came from Birmingham. I know quite a bit about my Grandad but my Grandma is still a bit of a mystery.

I was fortunate to visit Birmingham a couple of years ago and managed to visit the house that Grandad lived in as a child. I am coming again at the end of the month and staying overnight.My Friend and we will be visiting the archives and I hope to be able to find more information about my Grandma and her family. Last known in Aston.

Will I be able to by a copy of the Brummegan magazine there?

Best Wishes to you all

Julie :)

The better newspaper shops or bookshops will have a copy of the latest one out Julie. Try to pick up the Black Country Bugle as well - a fascinating read.

Have a good visit.

Thank you for the information. I am looking forward to my visit.

Regards

Julie

Hi julie
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it. Leeds is another fascinating place. Ilived there for 4 years nin the 70s, and still go back occasionally
mike

Welcome to the forum Julie. Hope your visit to Brum is a fruitful one. Enjoy all thats on this site. Barry.

Thank you all so much for your friendly welcome. It makes me feel warm inside after all this cold weather.

I am really looking forward to using the site.

My friend Mary is also a member. Mary is a really good friend to help me out with my research. I met her through another site like this.

Maybe I will make some more friends.

Best Wishes

Julie :thumbsup:

Hi Mike-G tried the link but get nowhere even tried Googling but to no avail.

Thank you, My new friends.

Can anyone suggest where I should look in Aston for the whereabouts of my Grandma Sarah Moore born 1888. I have lost her in 1911 and the whole Moore family Edward b1859, Margaret b1859 (approx) and William b1880. Sarah b1888

I am also interested in The copper/brass Industry. Edward & William were tube drawers.

If I can help anyone with Leeds. Please ask and I will do my best for you.
I work close to the family history library in Leeds City Centre.

Best Wishes

Julie ;)

Good Morning to you too.

I hope that you have a good day.

Julie :)

Back