• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

new girl on the block

L

Lyndam

Hi all, am researching, Todd, Barnes,Whitehouse, Lane, Sanders,no adventurers once in Brum didn't go far from Hockley and Erdington.:)

Hi this all looks really interesting, found the site just by typing in my old school - Burlington Street Aston. It was brill reading about the teachers I used to know and seeing pictures of Newtown Row, was so excited was on the site for ages (nearly forgot my hubbies dinner - shame on me).

Welcome to Lyndam and Ditone - Di if you are still in the Birmingham area, I organise a Reunion for ex pupils of Burlington Street & Upper Thomas Street Schools, it is held on the 7th July every year at The Barn Social Club, opposite Witton Cemetery - all age groups, you would be very welcome to join us. More details will be posted nearer the date.

Hi Sylvia, no I live in Shropshire now altho I did go to a re-union quite a few years ago when it was at tbe Bartons it was I think organised by Doreen and Janet and was good to see some old friends and talk over old times, and hear about past teachers I have one or two things to post later re; the school. My brother Terry Broadfield used to go to Gower Street.

Hi To Lyndam and Ditone welcome to the forum.
Ditone Good old word that HUBBIE.

A very warm welcom to Lyndam, particularly as she's filled me in with up to date info on my Sanders search!:thumbsup:

Back