• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

New forum version

Let me purge the site cache but beyond that there is nothing I can do all appears fine on this end and the sever is at 7% usage

Warren, the new Forum seem to working fine for me, I'm still using Vista!! I like my avatar too.
Thank you for your hard work, and your time.
rosie.

we broke the internet yesterday...sort off.

we reached over our hard set limit of 150 active users at any time, I have now increased this. It's happened twice now this month

If I understand this Warren I guess that’s probably good news ? I like the notion of more active users - very much ! Viv.

Viv,

Yes, I've noticed quite a few new members over the last week or so and that can only be good news.

Maurice :)

I think the new set up sent out alerts to many Members, some who may have forgotten the place. ;) Noticeable are the threads that have been re-activated after being dormant for some years - think I spotted one over ten years asleep! :D

Think the new design is very smart, only one small problem, loading alerts, an awful lot of clicking on the item is required. The other thing (so that is two small problems) is that Google were loading adverts on underneath the welcome banner and blocking the alert,, I seem to have stopped this temporarily , but there is now a great gap between the welcome banner and the theme. How can I cure this?
Bob

Don’t know if it’s my imagination (or wishful thinking) but are we getting quite a few new members too . Viv.

I like the new forum version except for the Back To Top button. It is a bit too close to that little orange RSS link, some times it is not there unless I scroll up and down once or twice. I am using Windows 10 and MS Edge.

The 'back to top button' is well clear of anything when I run Edge as a screenshot below shows.
Edge.jpg

Back