• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

New forum version

I was a bit puzzled when I clicked into the website this morning but I got in fine as usual with my phone's autofill name and password :)

No plethora of alerts for me, but settings stop them anyway. ;)
However, since I have got a little used to the new format II would like to make two observations.
The first would be: Could the welcome entry at the top of the page be condensed. It takes up a lot of space I feel. This would allow for the second observation to take place.
The second observation is that there are less 'latest posts' entries now, in the box of the right hand side of the page, than previously. Which means some new posts may be not be seen at a quick glance. I know there is the ''Whats new' tab, but the 'latest posts' box was always my first port of call. :D

i have condensed the text and added a name to it, as for new posts there has been less posts as the site was up and down for most of yesterday while I made some background changes.

I did look for a *im not a happy bunny* button but couldn't find one:broken_heart::scream::poop: so i added a load of new smiles instead

Hi Warren, I simply selected "Members" and the screen then shows those with the most messages, the most likes and also todays birthdays. The age of the person's birthday is shown but I have cropped these out as it would reveal the actual date of birth. Dave.
P1000234 (2).JPG

im not sure it can be removed I just had a look and couldn't see anything on the web but ill keep looking.‍

maybe some members had not noticed before but we have always had a todays birthday list its nothing new but your name only appeared on the list if members chose to also add their actual date of birth (as i did) on their profile page..profile page has now changed so until i look at mine properly i dont know if my actual birth date is still visible..if it is im not bothered at all

lyn

Last edited:
hehe it's something I'm playing with a way to say thanks they are awarded at milestones but of course some have already reached those so it gave them out.

passed the first few (meant for new members) it awards for how many times your appreciated
View attachment 127635
Thank goodness for that, firstly on Saturday I was told that I was forbidden from the site and then when I eventually got back on and read all these thank you's, I though my goodness they are scam and immediately panicked, but calmed down and hoped there was a logical answer and there was and I did not have to change any passwords, by the way like the new system.

Bob

I guess the new system has sent out a lot of alerts,judging by the number of long sleeping threads which have come back to life. :D

site has been very slow for me for 2 days...having no problems with any other sites...anyone else having the same trouble

ly

Working fine for me and just used the 'search' and it was very fast. Try clearing browser cache etc.

Back