• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

New Birmingham history book

gina

The Girl from Guildford St
I have been reading a wonderful book called The Story of Rotton Park, published by Brewin Books, who published my memoir of growing up in the Back to Backs. the author, Margery Elliott, has just celebrated her 100th birthday, and was 99 when her book was published, and I was 60 when mine was published, so it's never too late for any budding Brummie authors out there!

As she is 100, it is full of fascinating period detail about Birmingham in the last 100 years, and references to many other areas, such as the city centre, and Summer Lane, where her father managed E. Elliott plastics, which I remember seeing on my way to Brownies at the Birmingham Settlement.

I have a large collection of books about Birmingham, written by Brummies, important resources for the history of our fair city.

1568631358952.png1568631384377.png

Back