• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Never mind the date, what day is it.

Diane1947

master brummie
If you look at the time I’m posting you can see I have not only turned into a night owl who often meets the morning lark.
However, last week Dave put the bins out a day early thinking it was Wednesday for Thursday’s collection.
Strange how lockdown merge into one big Groundhog Day

Diane,

I think that is common with most of us that are retired, and it has been exacerbated by lockdown. Unless you have some sort of routine where you do certain things on different days, it is inevitable. As is the "never do today what you can put off until tomorrow" syndrome! If I don't like the wind or get up later than usual or one of my joints is aching more than usual, and I have something I'd rather do indoors, then that syndrome takes over. The very fact that we are retired, means that we don't have to do it right this minute. Of course, there are always times when a storm comes and you wish you had done a particular job yesterday, but that is life.

This is made worse by your pension being paid into the bank and payments being all done online, and that aspect is not good for our health - we do have to do some form of exercise on a daily basis, and it's not so easy when the weather is bad. Yesterday, when we went for our jabs, was the first time I had left our village for weeks, but everything was still there as I remembered it!

Maurice :cool:

I now what you mean Sparks. I used to say the same, now experiencing the same things I wish I had had more patience or given more thought to my parents needs. I cannot believe that thirty years has passed since I took early retirement, don't know where time goes but like everyone else lockdown made so much difference. Roll on 'Normality'

Yesterday it was Friday but I could not stop thinking that it was Saturday and now it is Saturday .... two Saturdays in one week!

Maybe it was because I was distracted about my kitchen scissors.

I last used them on Wednesday to get some batteries out of a stiff package but since then they had disappeared. A search in the kitchen yielded nothing so searched the whole house and still could not find them. Maybe I had absentmindedly dropped them in the waste bin ... I have previously done this with utensils etc.

After a messy rummage through two-weeks waste I did not find them so tipped two-weeks rubbish out of the recycle bin and still found no scissors.

Muttering about things disappearing into parellel universes I decided to have tea and biscuits and while getting milk out of the fridge I glanced at the top shelf and through the frosted glass saw my kitchen scissors ... they had been hiding there for three days ... :rolleyes:

I thought I was the only one getting a bit "bewildered"! Today I thought it was Friday and time for my husband's blood test but it's only Tuesday.
rosie.
The worrying thing is, if you have an accident & the paramedic says "do you know what day it is? " my reply would be be " do i know what day it is, i don`t even know what bloody year it is" !!

If you look at the time I’m posting you can see I have not only turned into a night owl who often meets the morning lark.
However, last week Dave put the bins out a day early thinking it was Wednesday for Thursday’s collection.
Strange how lockdown merge into one big Groundhog Day
Good Morning Diame 1947 I thought your post wa going to tell of a long drinking binge . The kind
Michael Caine went on with Peter O’Tool when Michael awakes in the morning and asks what time is it Mr O’Toole’s response is never mind what time, what day is it ?? Sadly not though , oh well back to watching the rain

Good Morning Diame 1947 I thought your post wa going to tell of a long drinking binge . The kind
Michael Caine went on with Peter O’Tool when Michael awakes in the morning and asks what time is it Mr O’Toole’s response is never mind what time, what day is it ?? Sadly not though , oh well back to watching the rain
Good Afternoon at least it stopped raining lol.
I am an extreme lightweight with alcohol.Once when I was 16 many moons ago I was offered Sherry at a office Christmas party. 3 small glasses later, and I sang my way onto the Soho road wrapped in a very large Christmas Garland, my singing continued on the number 11 bus until Perry Barr, on catching the 29 bus to Kingstanding the alcohol affect had gone, and the singing stopped.
I must admit my singing was not on key, so if I ever binged I would probably never know what month it was never mind the day or week lol

Back