• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Never give up hope...

Pomgolian

Kiwi Brummie
:angel: Two years ago on the 2nd of August I sent a letter, waited for a reply and none came. :(
I had been looking for this old school friend for years, even on my visit to 'Brum' in 1986 I asked around, but she seemed to have just vanished ???. Then while researching my own family I came across her parents address on www.b4u.co.uk .‚..so I wrote to them... O0
As I said I waited and waited for a reply, but none came :(. I thought of finding her brother's address in the same way I'd found the parents O0, found there were at least 5 people that could be him , but did nothing about it. ::)
Today I received an answer by email from my friend .‚..O0 :smitten: (I'd included my email address in the letter to her parent's) 8).
I am so pleased about it, as this girl was most helpful to me when we were at Bloomsbury Girls, she was the type of friend one should never forget and I never did. :)

That's great news . Finding old friends is one of life's blessings I know. As you say never give up. Bet your happy now with lots of catching up to do.

How nice, to find your friend after all those years, but she is also very lucky to have a friend like you who has taken the trouble to find her again.
Enjoy catching up, you deserve it. O0

That is a lovely story, and pertinent to my having lost touch with my best friend of my school years.

We have school centenary next year, so I am still hoping.

Back