• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Net Books. Little Marvels .

Arkrite

master brummie
I remember saying a few weeks ago that my Mrs was becoming bored with her 17'' HP laptop. She completely surprised me when the 10'' net books became her favoured new toy. Around PC World ,Curry's and the Internet we went eventually settling on an Archo 10' ,1.6 Atom processor, 1gig Ram and a 160 gb hard disk and weighs not a lot at all.It has no CD drive but we load any required programs onto USB memory via our other computers .From ASDA at Reading for £195.

It realy is a little marvel, slips in the wheelchair bag a treat. Plenty of free hotspots in towns ( Wetherspoons always a good bet ,the Mrs likes the coffee and I like the beer). We have the £30 Vodaphone dongle but prefer a free network if nearby. It is great for comparing prices, looking for and booking hotel rooms and wasting time doing things in pubs.I dont consider it a replacement for a Desktop/Laptop but if you like everything in miniature it could be possible with peripherals via the 3 USB ports.

I bought myself one here in the US ,its an Asus, simililar to your wifes, I took it on our trip to Europe & it was great. I have Skype on it so I can phone out on it so\ was able to check on hotel & travel reservations etc,cheaply. & keep in touch with family & friends.
Jean.

Back