• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Neon Pint Glass sign

pfmc24

Hi Folks,
Anyone remember the 1970's neon pint glass that used to fill up with beer on the side of a pub(?) in the Moor St area?
Was it Ansells and where was it located (please post any photos of it to jog my memory)?
Cheers Pfmc24

I remember it but am not sure exactly where. Thought it might be on the side of the Rotunda but my husband says not.

I remember it but am not sure exactly where. Thought it might be on the side of the Rotunda but my husband says not.
I also thought it was on the Rotunda, but my Sister (who used to work in Brum) says it was a different sign. She thinks it was near Moor St station near the old Reddington's Rare Records shop (I don't remember the old shop).

Are you sure it wasn't the Schweppes sign you are thinking of which was on the side of the building as you came up from Digbeth, on the right opposite the church? There was a row of shops underneath including the Slow Boat chinese restaurant and I think a car park above. The sign faced towards the Bull Ring.

P.S. St Martin's House

Last edited:
I recall the beer glass (jug) advert in Digbeth in the 70’s. There was a photo of it on face book last week funny enough.

Back