• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

neighbours and families

Lets get back to the post, When I was a kid I remember someone would always do the shopping if mom was not well. If for some reason mom was out when we got home from school, she would have made arrangements for a neighbour to look after us until she got back. It was strange because in those days houses had a smell different to the one where you lived. Some smelt of mothballs, furniture polish or lavender. There was never any need to bother the neighbours if we were going out on the day mom paid the milkman or the coalman. She would leave the milkmans money on the front step and the coalmans mononey on the kitchen table. The co-op divi ticket would be there with the change when we got back home. I remeber the man next door was a railway worker and he smoked a pipe, I can almost smell it now. Happy days.

Stitcher will you be mine too or I may sulk. Jean. [something I'm not is a sulky person] Might throw a benny now again though. Jean.

Gee Gee Jean, have I missed something. Will I be your what?

Back