• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Nechells

Thank you Pete. Wonderful stuff.
you are welcome. i come from nechells,and that was my hunting ground.going to elliot st.and spion cob park. i had a friends who lived in cucoo rd, so i know it as it was in the 1950s to date.there were a few shop along that rd.2 across from your grans old shop

Pete,
you need access to the erolls but Cattells Grove is not on Ancestry between those dates. Someone might have erolls on disc.

Following on from the 1955 scan, it appears that searching for some of those residents and the house numbers in 1950 lists them all on Trevor St (search results) which I assume is wrong and it would be Cattells Grove on the scan.

Following on from the 1955 scan, it appears that searching for some of those residents and the house numbers in 1950 lists them all on Trevor St (search results) which I assume is wrong and it would be Cattells Grove on the scan.
I only found 1955 because something made me check the 1939 reg and some names matched the 1960 eroll (which was Cattell's grove) and when I searched for one of the names 1955 came up but transcribed as "Elizabeth A" o_O
1945 was Stuart Grove
Just found 1950 and it starts
1642776606900.png.
Trevpr Street is not even on the same page - have seen that quite often where the transcriber doesn't realise the road name has changed half way down a page.
No excuse when they are transcribing typed scripts - I can understand census errors when the writing is hard to decipher. Moan over. :rolleyes:

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
just testing
Cromwell_Arms_Pub_x.jpg
Anyone know what road this was on?

Hello everyone, I am related to the Pedley family who died in the fire in Adams Street in 1927. I am trying to find out what happened to Charles Pedley, the father, who did not perish in the fire. Can anyone help?
Hi Hockley Fan, I am related to Charles who survived the fire in Adams street, and my cousin is closer to him as charles was his grandfather.

Hi Hockley Fan, I am related to Charles who survived the fire in Adams street, and my cousin is closer to him as charles was his grandfather.
Hello I'm martyn Charles Pedley grandson I am in Telford untill tomorrow my cousin and I visited Charles first wife and childeren grave today if you would like to make contact please get in touch regards m

Back