• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Nechells

Came across this photo Claredon Terrace( in Nechells !! ) can anyone pinpoint the street??Dek

Attachments

• Claredon Terrace Nechells.jpg
    Claredon Terrace Nechells.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 40
Dek
Can't find a Claredon terrace (or clarendon terrace for that matter). Do you think it has been misslabelled, and should be Claverdon ? Claverdon st runs from bloomsbury st to Gt Francis St, so is in right area. Later Kellys list a claverdon place off it, bthese are just listed as ct 1,2,3,4 on the electoral roll, and not listed in kellys.
Mike

i cant be 100% sure but that looks like it could any one of the number of terraces of nechells, rocky lane,-schofield street, or around that area, the large building at the back could be the woodyard-works,
Came across this photo Claredon Terrace( in Nechells !! ) can anyone pinpoint the street??Dek

it was a common responce to all you little toe-rags of the time, a more polite version of,b---ds. ladies never swore in them days.

flippin hell, that must be a old map, it was spion cop, as i recall bottom of nechells,by that millpool, the bellamys would know better, or the turners.

i remember the el geco i lived round the corner in taylor street used to watch the teddy boy come in an out and take the mick till the chassed us off ron

Duplicated photo

Attachments

• 19695downthemillfromvauxhallstation.jpg
    19695downthemillfromvauxhallstation.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Yes - Duddeston Mill Road - but not as I travelled down it during the '70's & '80's to saltley loco & the Signal Box!
You can still see the church that is in the distance - about the only thing still around!

Winston

I would be the last one in the world to discourage any one from posting photos, but every one of the recently posted photos by yourself are already on the forum on the "Gosta Green through Nechells" thread. I know this because I posted most of them myself.

Phil

phil you mentioning the gosta green though nechells thread prompted me to take a look at it as i have not seen ger22van (ernie) post for a long time and this was his main thread...i see its been locked since april..

lyn

I put them on here on the the assumption that they may have been lost when the site was hacked. I did not want to search through all the site to find they were already posted. Perhaps the admins can delete my posts. I will try to myself.

Winston

I wasn't having a pop at you and I have duplicated photos myself in the past, but it does pay to have a little search before posting photos. I always try my best to, but often get hundreds of responses to a search so it can be a bit long winded so its not difficult to duplicate something.

Lyn

The Gosta Green thread has been locked for some time now, since April I think, and yes it has been some time since I saw Ernie on site. I do hope he and his wife are OK. is there any member that is in touch with him who could let us know how he is?

phil ive just been on ernies profile and although i have not seen him logged on for ages he was active 15 hours ago so i presume he is ok..will send him a private message just to make sure..

lyn

7570682406_1b2bae679d_b (2).jpg

Has this one been on before of Cuckoo lane?? what with the cafe / shops /postbox / and the the bungy clock
this must have been a bus terminus at some point maybe the no43 ??
ragga ..............

Back