• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Nechells Place

C

Chris Rigg

If anyone knows of maps or photographs of Nechells Place I would be very keen to hear from them. A good few years since I last tried to find information about where my mother spent her early years I have found her address in the 1901 census.

Chris

This is the only photo of Nechells Place that I have, as I said I am sure if you use the search engine on this site you will come across others.

Phil

Attachments

• Nechells Place 1968.jpg
    Nechells Place 1968.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 26
I love this picture of the gas works, I went past it so often on the No. 8 bus from Park Lane to Saltley. The only part remaining is the railway wall on the right hand side although the Albion Vaults still exists further down on the corner of Nechells Place and Cato Street North.
I know that the gas works (by modern standards) was an eyesore but what about the replacement?

Attachments

• nechells-place.jpg
    nechells-place.jpg
    898.6 KB · Views: 43
I love this picture of the gas works, I went past it so often on the No. 8 bus from Park Lane to Saltley. The only part remaining is the railway wall on the right hand side although the Albion Vaults still exists further down on the corner of Nechells Place and Cato Street North.
I know that the gas works (by modern standards) was an eyesore but what about the replacement?
The 2nd picture looks horrendous, i still prefer the 1st one brummy-lad.

The wall on the left...i remember it turners scrap yard was on the other side:grinning:

Back