• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Nechells Park Secondary Modern School Charles Arthur St School

Mr Collie was before my time, Mr Loyd was the wood work and technical drawing teacher, and he was a swine, I was never affraid of Mr Troop, I found him a kind and gentleman.

Quote for today, Acceptance takes the sting out of adversity.- Anne Of Cleves...4th wife of Henry VIII.

Has anyone got any pictures of the staff and pupils of Nechells Park School(Charles Arthur Street) that were taken around 1972/73 love to see them.

I have ben looking at this and I was at Charles Arther Street in the 60's does any one remember roger Balson ans has anybody got any school photo's
i lest school in 1963 or 1964
I was in germany when we won the world cup serving in the army.
Been trying to see the photo leads but cant get into them

I do have some photos of CA Street and a few of Cromwell St I can re-post once I have success with the new complicated method.

dave
That would be great to see old photo's of CA Street, I have been back a feww times but its hard to recognise It would be great to see the area again and showw my kids

Would you please send pictures of Charles Arthur street school please, you had some on the page but now I cannot find them. thank you

my old school charles arthur re named nechells park now gone any one remember/ ron moved to tamworth in 1962 went back and old nechells was gone

Just curious guys, Has anyone got a photo of the Charles Authur street school? My Gran went there so im trying to find a photo for my father.
Journey66

I started off at Cromwell St nursery and went through to the infants and Jrs before going to Charles Arthur St Seniors. I remember Mrs Painter but I am very fuzzy about any other teachers. The head at Charles Arthur had a nick name of "Spud"? We use to play British Bull Dog, French Skipping, Spin the Bottle at break times. We had warm or frozen milk, depending on the weather and who remember the round mint choclate, mint bingo.
I played in the Skittles Team along with Christine Evans who was our Captain.
Would know of any photos of Charles authur st school? Trying to get one for my father.

These are the only ones I think I have of the school in question

Attachments

• Charles-Arthur-Street-School-9-11-1964-[1]mm.jpg
    Charles-Arthur-Street-School-9-11-1964-[1]mm.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Charles-Arthur-Street-School-14-3-1968-2-[1]mm.jpg
    Charles-Arthur-Street-School-14-3-1968-2-[1]mm.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Charles-Arthur-Street-School-Nechells-9-11-1964-[1]mm.jpg
    Charles-Arthur-Street-School-Nechells-9-11-1964-[1]mm.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 43
  • mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 45
I knew I had one of the play ground as well....in fact I thought I had two.....if I do come across it I will post ....

Attachments

• Charles-Arthur-Street-14-8-1968[1].jpg
    Charles-Arthur-Street-14-8-1968[1].jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 39
Thank you very much. Although I now live in Scotland I do miss Brum very much. My mother had a cafe in Erdington high st for many years & when the opportunity arises I visit. Once again thanks very much.

I voluntarily attended this school from late '66 - 1970. I say 'voluntarily' because I walked out of St Joseph's down the road and begged Mr Troop to add my brother and self, to the new term school role. Bless his soul, he was flabberghasted by a 'Catholic' kid wanting to join his school.

As much as I can recollect, I pretty well remember all of the teachers throughout my own stint at the school and I'll list them, if anyone wants to know. Sadly, I'm rather more shakey when it comes to my fellow classmates. But then, I didn't set out to be the most popular kid on the block... A few do stand out, none the less.

Antonio Ross.

Charles Arthur Street infants 1924, picture found in among box of old photographs belonging to the Andrews family who lived in & around Aston...........hope this is of interest to someone.

Attachments

• DSC_6714.JPG
    DSC_6714.JPG
    467.1 KB · Views: 30
Thank you so very much for these photos. In the 2nd picture,are a row of 5 houses, next to the school caretakers house. I was born in the house next door to the care taker, 107 Charles Arthur Street. You have made me very happy, even if I cried when I saw the picture. Our family name is Earp. Is there anyone out there who remebers us?
I went to St Clement’s school with Ronnie Earp, whose family lived in a terrace off Nechells Park Road (by Andy’s Coaches). Are you related?

Back