• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Neal - Family Butcher - Possibly Sparkbrook

001uk

Hello,

Does anyone know of a Family Butcher by the name of E.NEAL, please? If so please let me know!

I believe the shop might have been in the SPARKBROOK area circa 1900.

Thank you

Thank you mikejee
Not knowing the area at all I checked on Streetview and #143 doesn't come up. One side of the street is commercial with older properties looking similar to the premise I'm searching. The other side appears to be redeveloped and now fairly modern residential. Could this have been where E.Neal's shop was? Do you have a forename available for Mr Neal please? I appreciate you help, thanks again.

001uk

143 would have been on the right hand side going toward Golden Hillock Road and would have been between White Rd and Dolobran Rd the first name that you require was Edwin.

Below is a map c 1905 with no 143 in red. I estimate that the current view of the place is about the attached view
on streetview.

view of approx. position of 143 montgomery st.jpg
map c1950 showing 143 montgomery st.jpg

Hi Phil,
Many thanks for the extra information. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Regards, Frank

Back