• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Nazareth House

Father Hudson's Homes migrated 132 children to Australia between 1947-1956.

39 of the 132 were from Nazareth House, and would likely go to the Sisters of Mercy or Sisters of Nazareth in South Australia, Victoria or New South Wales, or to the Salesains in Tasmania.

I was at nazareth house with my brother thomas about 1975/6... i was about 2/3..and my brother couple of years older.... i actually remember some stuff and it wasnt good..... if anyone has pictures please can you send me some.... its part of my past that keeps coming back....

My mother and her sister were put in Nazareth House year 1912 she did not tell us a lot about it. all she ever
said her grandmother visits them a lot has she said to make sure they did not send them to Australia, because
when I came here thats when she told me she may have been sent here. I am glad she was not sent here has
I would not have been here, but sad to say I left my mom and came to Australia .
Regards pommie

Hi my name is Peter Fullarton and Iv'e just joined the group, to my knowledge me and my twin brother John was there between 1950 and 1953 can anyone remember please. Regards Peter

Hi Tony... I was on the 4th floor.... l only remember I had charge of 4 little boys... two were twins.. not identical ... I often wonder what happened to some of the children...
As far as I heard after I left it stopped being a children home and it was a home for the elderly... then I heard they knocked it down... like you say tragic for such a building... I remember the huge big front door... and the dark wood downstairs do you remember any of the Sisters names?? the one I think of is Sister Alousious (I not sure of the spelling of her name) she was nice but sadly was sent off to Scotland .... I even went on holiday with them... it was to a place called Cliftonville by the seaside somewhere... kids loved it...
I will hunt out the photo I have for you tomorrow ... il be in touch again then..
I can understand your intrigue ... it was part of your life ... and such a building too..
Regards
Angie xx
Hi Angie, my name is Peter Fullarton and my twin brother is John Fullarton we are not identical and we were there between 1950 and 1951. I would love to find out if we were them twins you mentioned, it's fascinating just reading about it, if anyone has any information please email: [email protected]. regards Peter.

Hi Peter

Thank you for post on the forum. We strongly advise members not to post their personal email addresses on the thread. Your email address and data could be harvested and used for scams, fraud, and identity theft. If you wish other members to contact you, then its best if you advise them to use the “Start Conversation” facility we provide. This then protects you and your privacy.

My name is Patricia Bryan I was at Nazareth house in 58' for 5 years the only person I remember is Marian Dumbar, Do you remember us there was four of us Eileen, Kathleen, Maurine and myself pat?
Hi Patricia, does this article ring any bells

Attachments

• 30F43F97-7698-41F8-8E0F-32FB7852604D.jpeg
    30F43F97-7698-41F8-8E0F-32FB7852604D.jpeg
    814.7 KB · Views: 18
My mother and her sister were in Nazareth house from 1943, my mom left in 1950 and her sister left in 1953. Their names were Mary and Jean Murray. Does anyone remember them.

Found these ariel shots of Nazareth House in Rednal

Attachments

• 2131c9b4a6aadd40ecdfc5da6581376c.jpg
    2131c9b4a6aadd40ecdfc5da6581376c.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 8
  • EPW024829.jpg
    EPW024829.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 8
Back