• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Navigation Inn Kings Norton

paul stacey

master brummie
So pleased the old, (Navigation ) saved, used it quite a bit when courting that side of Brum early 60's.
paul

hi paul
how are you keeping ; nice to hear from you again ;
yes the old pub as not changed and its still a regular meeting and courting place and its a very bussy pub ; today still ;
i pass it every day on my way to the office ;
take care best wishes astonian;;

I am pleased that the Navigation has had a reprieve. In the late 1800's early 1900's it was owned by my husband's Gt Grandfather William Thomas Walker.

to day i was taken to birmingham and we went down through the green at kings norton, and i looked towards the old historic pub called the Navigagation now that is a long historic pub remaining of brum history going back years and i found it all boarded up can anybody telll me when and how long its been boarded up there was a huge posters all around the windows stating keep out it looked loke police posters
wich i was shocked to see can anybody tell me why and when plesase thnk you best wishes Alan,, Astonian;;

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Janice Many thanks for informing me of the sale of such as one of our oldest pubs or can i say our INNS of our hearticage
Here in the west midlands dateinng back centuryies i have worked in management of many brewy,s and i can tell you greene king are the most
and worst employees you can work for and they do not like investing in most projects and they do not go out of there way to help managements either
And i would be inclined to think that with the police and council would prefere to close it down and i imagine what i know it as became a chequered history pub as we called them over the last few years i have passed it the clientel was rough indeed, troublesom and drug dealers and shop lifters knocking out there wares they knicked from kings heath or northfield shopping precint i know the area very well i once ran the pub in vardon way many years ago and know the history of the area when the travellers rest was running on the bristol rooad and the bell pub they used to have tables out side the pub auctioning meat that was stolen to each and any body thats part of the reason they was bang down plus its a case of high rate unemployment area
which adds to the elements of low rate sales yes the place needs a big injection and its a large house, if there is a secret buyer behind it i hope its not the people i know as you know over the years we have lost alot of our hearice pubs and Inns but it will sad if demolished
Itruly beleive it could be reborn with vitality with some one whom can inject there finance good management and keep the riff raff out with good door attendants as i did with many of the pubs my wife and myself did turn them around its a sad day for me to hear this
best wishes Alan. Astonian ;;

Back