• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

National Burial Index

barrie

master brummie
Can anyone help please. I need a look-up from the NBI but don't know who to contact. I did have the address of a bloke that found my Gt Grandparents burials for me, but have since lost his address.

Ta in advance.

Barrie

Barrie try Find a Grave.com. Lloyd put me onto this and found what I was looking for. Good luck. Jean.

Had a look at that site Jean, it seems to be for the USA, or am I in the wrong place.

Barrie.

As if you would Barrie. Lloyd is more of an expert at these things I am just a beginner. All the best. Jean.

I'll have a look Baz... :)

Ain't looked at it for over a year, but i'll dust it off, just for you.

Where & what am i looking for?

I'll have a look Baz... :)

Ain't looked at it for over a year, but i'll dust it off, just for you.

Where & what am i looking for?

Whoo Hoo, cheers mate. Its me Granma her married name was Hannah Matilda Wells, her maiden name was Chambers.

She was born 10 Mar 1886 in Wolverhampton and died 19 Jul 1913 in Birmingham. Her husbands name was Hubert Edward Wells.

Thank you, thank you very much.

Barrie.

edited to say Hannah died at 10 Howard Street Birmingham.

Last edited:
Sorry pal,.... No luck :(

I have the second edition...... The other bloke must have used a later one. I know there's a third edition, maybe even another after?

Hope someone else can help.....

1913 burials from Howard Street bring three cemeteries to mind. Witton Cemetery, Warstone Lane and Key Hill. I would try Witton first, followed by the other two. Warstone and Key Hill admin is done from Handsworth Cemetery. I don't have emails to hand ,but they are all on the Birmingham City Council web site.

Shortie

Sorry pal,.... No luck :(

I have the second edition...... The other bloke must have used a later one. I know there's a third edition, maybe even another after?

Hope someone else can help.....

Cheers mate, thanks for trying.

Barrie.

Back